In addition to his speaking engagements and training activities Daan van Beek is regularly asked to advise companies in the areas of Business Intelligence, Data Science and Performance Improvement. Daan is a 100% independent Business Intelligence consultant with more than 20 years’ experience in the field and he has worked for a variety of clients. Among them Air France KLM, Interpolis, Phoenix Group, the municipality of Rotterdam and the oldest real estate bank in the Netherlands.
He helps organizations with the following services:
- Defining your Business Intelligence strategy: helping you to focus on the right Business Analytics goals in order to contribute to a better organizational performance. Daan uses the concept of the intelligent organization to sort out the right answers; in doing so he ensures that all investments are in line with corporate goals and matches your IT strategy.
- Business Intelligence consulting: helping you to organize Business Intelligence itself better. His specialities: create awareness at the board for the need for (advanced) Analytics, setting up Business Intelligence Competency Centers, dealing with management to realize engagement between the BI team and (senior) management and finding the 1 million dollar insights.
- Selecting the right Business Intelligence software and assisting in requirements analysis. He is the author of the Business Analytics Survey and he knows what the strengths and weaknesses of the different solutions are. With this survey at hand Daan is able to give directions in a few days instead of a few weeks.
Dialogue, debate and directions
His style can be characterized by ‘dialogue, debate and directions’, helping you to find the right insights and answers for your situation. Daan is curious to see what you will give as an answer to the following statements:
- management information is for management eyes only
- a data warehouse should not contain any operational detail data
- if business intelligence doesn’t change anything it can’t be a success
- the costs of our personal is our most important key performance indicator
- our BI system has to respond in just a few seconds, regardless the question
- the holy grail to the success of analytics is an enterprise data warehouse
- key to the success of BI is that we establish one version of the truth
- first we need to collect all the data and then ask our users what they need to know
Let me know what you think.
Interested in hiring Daan as a consultant?
If you want to work with Daan as a consultant, please contact us.